Fall outdoor prep isn’t only for lawn maintenance; it’s also a time to seal up your home from unwanted guests. Now is the time to guard against pests, as they try to seek to stay warm inside your house during the cold winter months. Failing to maintain the outside perimeter of your home properly can create an open invitation for spiders, ants, cockroaches, mice, and rats.
Rodents carry diseases and can cause structural damage by gnawing through wires and nesting in insulation. Cockroaches also spread disease through their droppings and saliva, which can trigger asthma attacks. No one wants to risk disease and damage because they didn’t correctly safeguard their home. In preparation for winter, homeowners should be proactive and vigilant in preventing pests from coming indoors with these fall pest-proofing tips:
- Seal any openings around your home
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows and doors
- Repair rips and holes in window and door screens
- Install a chimney cap
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage in sealed receptacles
- Survey the conditions around your home to ensure they aren’t attracting pests and rodents
The best way to protect your home and to avoid any type of pest infestation during the winter is with professional pest control in Butler, Pa. Contact Custom Lawn Care, Inc. for all of your pest problems this fall and throughout the year.